Winning Negotiation Strategies
Barbara Safani, NCRW, CPRW, CERW, CCM
Many job seekers are uncomfortable with the idea of negotiating their employment package. They associate negotiation with aggressive behaviors and often fear they will jeopardize their candidacy by attempting to negotiate their package. But savvy job seekers know that the negotiation is an integral part of the interview process and that almost anything is negotiable if it is presented as a fair and reasonable accommodation. During this seminar participants will learn:
- How to change the negative perceptions of the negotiation process and how to help clients gain confidence in their negotiation strategy.
- Strategies to help clients make the negotiation conversation more productive and more lucrative.
- Different items clients can negotiate as part of their employment package.
- Various communication techniques for increasing the clients’ bargaining power during the negotiation.
- How to leverage these same techniques when negotiating a raise or promotion.
Barbara Safani, owner of Career Solvers, has over ten years of experience in career management, recruiting, executive coaching, and organizational development. Ms. Safani partners with both Fortune 100 companies and individuals to deliver targeted programs focusing on résumé development, job search strategies, networking, interviewing, and salary negotiation skills. Ms. Safani holds a Master of Arts degree in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the State University of New York at Albany.