SUBCONTRACTING: Is It in Your Future?
Gail Frank, NCRW, CPRW, JCTC, CEIP
The question is "To subcontract or not to subcontract?"
Is subcontracting in your future? One of the "hottest" topics in the resume-writing field is the subcontracting of resume writing. Whether you are subcontracting out your own clients' project or you want to become a subcontractor for another resume writer or firm, there are many factors that can make or break your success.
You'll learn about the ways to evaluate subcontracting as a business model and a lifestyle. We'll penetrate the mysterious world of resume subcontracting, and share real-life examples of what works and what doesn't. No matter which side of the fence you are on, you'll explore ways to make subcontracting work for you—or run for the hills!
Your workshop includes a proprietary workbook that will help evaluate your ability to successfully subcontract. The text includes contains examples, checklists and resources.
After taking this training session, participants will be able to:
- Define subcontracting and the difference between the 2 models of subcontracting
- Explain the pros and cons of subcontracting resumes
- Complete an assessment to see if subcontracting could be a smart choice
- Determine what some "norms" are among resume writers and subcontractors
- Set your own principles and boundaries about subcontracting
- Craft a subcontractor's agreement that works for both parties
- Plan specific steps to help themselves implement a strategy after class
- Enjoy increased confidence about their choice and ability to implement subcontracting
Gail Frank is a career services professional who offers outplacement workshops, resume writing and interview training for small companies and individuals. She is a doubly certified resume writer (NCRW & CPRW), as well as a Certified Job Coach (JCTC) and Certified Employment Interview Professional (CEIP). She is also certified as a Professional Teleclass Leader through Teleclass International.
Gail is a Harvard graduate with a degree in Economics, and has a 10-year corporate background in Brand Management, Marketing & Operations for Procter & Gamble and BIC Corporation. She holds a masters degree in Adult Education/Corporate Training and also works as a trainer and consultant for top outplacement firm DBM. In addition, she runs a marketing consulting firm helping small business owners with marketing, communications and training solutions.