Listening for Buying Signals: How to Better Respond to Client Needs
Gail Frank, NCRW, CPRW, JCTC, CEIP
Why do people buy? As a business owner, understanding how and why consumers buy can help you present your capabilities and services to new prospective customers in a way that meets each customer's unique needs. This class will help you make changes to handle future customers smoothly and profitably. Includes checklists, examples, charts and resources.
After taking this training session, participants will be able to:
- Explain why customers buy and the impact of emotional "pain" and "pleasure" on the buying process
- Recognize common buying signal statements and situations from prospective clients
- Categorize prospects into 4 personality styles based on the conversation and the client's statements and questions
- Develop a Listening Plan that is unique to their business and tailored for the 4 personality styles
- Plan specific steps to help themselves improve after class
- Enjoy increased confidence about their ability to listen to clients and present solutions.
Gail Frank is a career services professional who offers outplacement workshops, resume writing and interview training for small companies and individuals. She is a doubly certified resume writer (NCRW & CPRW), as well as a Certified Job Coach (JCTC) and Certified Employment Interview Professional (CEIP). She is currently getting certified as a Professional Teleclass Leader through Teleclass International.
Gail is a Harvard graduate with a degree in Economics, and has a 10-year corporate background in Brand Management, Marketing & Operations for Procter & Gamble and BIC Corporation. She holds a masters degree in Adult Education/Corporate Training and also works as a trainer and consultant for top outplacement firm DBM. In addition, she runs a marketing consulting firm helping small business owners with marketing, communications and training solutions.