Creating a Practical & Usable Business Plan For Growth
Gail Frank, NCRW, CPRW, JCTC, CEIP
Does the phrase "Business Plan" cause you to panic? Just like most of our clients are afraid (or don't know how) to write a resume, writing a business plan can be intimidating. It doesn't have to be! You can learn to develop a customized, simple, effective and usable business plan for growth and financial success. Does not require extensive knowledge of accounting and finance; the focus will be on strategy and simple principles. Includes examples, checklists, resources and templates.
After taking this training session, participants will be able to:
- Explain why the business planning process can help a business owner make choices and priorities about business growth
- Evaluate their own personal roadblocks to writing a business plan, and why the lack of a plan creates problems
- Complete a business plan using a traditional format, with simple financial measures
- Use a non-conventional business plan format to achieve growth and results
- Choose and track their own success benchmarks at regular intervals
- Plan specific steps to help themselves commit to business planning in some way
- Enjoy increased confidence about their ability to begin planning, writing and measuring their business success versus their goals
Gail Frank is a career services professional who offers outplacement workshops, resume writing and interview training for small companies and individuals. She is a doubly certified resume writer (NCRW & CPRW), as well as a Certified Job Coach (JCTC) and Certified Employment Interview Professional (CEIP). She is currently getting certified as a Professional Teleclass Leader through Teleclass International.
Gail is a Harvard graduate with a degree in Economics, and has a 10-year corporate background in Brand Management, Marketing & Operations for Procter & Gamble and BIC Corporation. She holds a masters degree in Adult Education/Corporate Training and also works as a trainer and consultant for top outplacement firm DBM. In addition, she runs a marketing consulting firm helping small business owners with marketing, communications and training solutions